Bofta Yimam is a dynamic speaker who is both an executive coach, and a Washington, D.C. based national correspondent. She is an award-winner of the Emmy and Murrow awards who has made many presentations. I met her when we were at the MAPCON, which is the Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference. She gave a talk about presentation skills and speaking skills.
And I thought it would be great to have her on the show talking with us today about how we can connect with our client base, our attorney client base, with our speaking skills.
Listen in as Pat Iyer and Bofta Yimam chat about these points concerning presentations
- What to begin with in planning presentations and stories
- Why asking questions about your audience is important
- How to through the points of your presentations
- Why great speakers are practicing their speech or presentations more than 60 or 70 times
- How to be careful with your vocal cords
Related Product: Free Presentations To Attorneys Checklist
This is what I suspect is true:
- You want to present your expertise so effectively that attorneys will line up to speak to you after your talk.
- You know that there is a lot to master in order to effectively give a talk.
- You need to feel prepared and confident when you stand in front of your attorney audience.
How can you stand up in front of attorneys feeling confident and prepared? How can you eliminate that nagging worry that you’ve overlooked an important detail? I have a brand-new free checklist to share with you. It is called Presentation to Attorneys Checklist. It will take you through the before, during and after phases of giving a talk to attorneys so that you are ready to make the most of this opportunity to share your knowledge – and gain clients.
Bofta Yimam is an Emmy® & Murrow Award-Winning Journalist, Washington D.C. News Correspondent, Former TV Anchor, Media Personality, International Speaker and Executive Coach.