In the area of high-risk pregnancies, preeclampsia poses special challenges. Kimmara Jackson, a highly experienced OB nurse and legal nurse consultant, provides a detailed analysis of how this condition is treated.
Pregnant women with preeclampsia have the risk of high blood pressure, decreased kidney function, and seizures. Typically, they are confined to their hospital beds and monitored very closely for a range of symptoms, including decreased urine output, lethargy, and reflex function.
One of the challenges with such patients is that they may become increasingly restless and may get out of bed. Some check themselves out of the hospital because they find confinement unbearable. Others may have other children at home who are receiving inadequate care.
Preeclampsia also challenges new nursing graduates. They lack the experience to recognize symptoms of lethargy, and they may do inadequate reflex testing. Their feelings of being overwhelmed are deepened by the effect that the Covid epidemic has had in shrinking the resources of all medical personnel.
Join me in this episode of Legal Nurse Podcast to learn about Preeclampsia – High Risk Clinical and Legal Complication
- What are some of the challenges of treating a woman with preeclampsia?
- How does preeclampsia affect kidney function?
- What symptoms of distress are difficult for new nurses to discern?
- How has the Covid epidemic made learning on the job particularly difficult for new nurses?
- How can experienced nurses communicate standards of care to newer ones?
3 Keys to LNC Success: How to Build Your Business without Missteps Even if You Never Had any Business Training – a Free Masterclass
In this free masterclass, you’ll gain concrete tips on how to leverage your limited time and get the big picture on how to leverage your knowledge as an LNC.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover in this incredible training:
- Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover in this incredible training:
- A better way to market your legal nurse consulting business
- How to use efficient tactics to build your LNC business
- The one mistake you must never make when taking on a case
… and much, MUCH More!
I have been a nurse for 20 years and highly experienced in High Risk pregnancy and teaching new nurses on the hospital floor. I run a nurse career coaching firm and blog called the Pandemic Nurse. I am also the founder and owner of KP Jackson Consulting, a legal nurse consulting firm.
Connect with Kimmara www.Kpjacksonconsulting.com