This is our most listened to podcast of 2019. #1: 325 Falls: Evaluation of Liability
If you are a legal nurse consultant getting cases, chances are you have or will review a fall case. Falls can occur in homes, workplaces, outside, and in healthcare facilities – anywhere people walk, right?
In this podcast I focus on healthcare falls. Injurious healthcare falls are one of the most common reasons why providers are sued. Spinal cord injuries, head injuries, and fractures make these serious cases for attorneys and nursing expert witnesses.
Listen in as Pat Iyer chats about these points
- States that have regulations that govern who is qualified to act as a liability expert
- Which healthcare falls should have been prevented by the actions of the healthcare providers
- Some of the common deviations plaintiff’s expert witnesses identify
- Some examples of deviations alleged in actual fall-related cases
Related Product Falls Course: The Impact of Head Injury
I invited nursing experts to participate with me in this course so you would get the tools you needed to analyze a falls case, and with a focus on head trauma.
What can this course do for you?
1. Gain insight and practical
tools about how to analyze a head trauma case. You will gain skill in reviewing facts
of a fall case and learn from expert witnesses who have reviewed hundreds of
2. You’ll learn skills and techniques you can use immediately. The course is not full of dry theory; it is a fast paced, comprehensive way to learn practical, useful information.
3. Review the course over and over. Not only will you be filled with useful information at the end of each session, when you purchase the course, you’ll be able to re-watch the replay and review the transcripts.
This course is available on our new mobile app, biz.edu. You’ll be able to access the videos, slides, transcripts and bonuses right from your smart phone. Our app is ready for iPhones and Android users.
And you can also watch it on your desktop computer.
Pat Iyer has been a legal nurse consultant since 1987. She also built a successful LNC business that included testifying as an expert witness for 20 years.