I will tell you a story today about a man who went into the operating room for a simple procedure and then died a horrible death.
Mr. King’s (not his real name) surgeon went to a weekend course and learned how to do a laparoscopic cholecystectomy on a pig. He enthusiastically returned to his practice to begin using this surgical method on his patients.
Listen in as Pat Iyer chats about these points
- Pretend for the moment that you are hired as an expert fact witness
- How did Mr. King suffer?
- What was the effect of the botched surgery on the patient?
- The outcome for the family
Related Product: The Role of the Expert Fact Witness: How You and Your Client Can Benefit
Are you curious about this role and wonder if it is right for you?
I have free training for you that answers that question: The Role of the Expert Fact Witness: How You and Your Client Can Benefit. In my new webinar, I will share with you:
- What this role is – and what it is not
- What kind of cases benefit from expert fact witness testimony
- How to explain the expert fact witness role to attorneys
Pat Iyer has been a legal nurse consultant since 1987. She also built a successful LNC business that included testifying as an expert fact witness for 25 years. Pat has written or edited 48 of her own books.