Filissa Caserta is an acute care nurse practitioner. She has 32 years of experience and she specializes in neurocritical care and endovascular neurosurgery. She is on the staff of Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, and she's lectured extensively, both nationally and internationally.
In addition to her clinical role, Filissa runs a nurse success consulting practice and she'll give you some information about that and how to stay in touch with her at the end of the program.
Listen in as Pat Iyer and Filissa Caserta chat about these points
- The most common errors nurses make with a neurologic assessment?
- What are the minimum data elements of a neuro assessment for any patient?
- Determining the minimum data element of a neuro assessment for a patient with known neurologic pathology?
- Why is establishing a baseline neuro exam and also early recognition of changes from baseline so important?
- What nursing or medical modalities can be instituted to help prevent herniation when there are increases ICP?
Related Product Falls Course: The Impact of Head Injury
I invited nursing experts to participate with me in this course so you would get the tools you needed to analyze a falls case, and with a focus on head trauma.
What can this course do for you?
1. Gain insight and practical tools about how to analyze a head trauma case. You will gain skill in reviewing facts of a fall case and learn from expert witnesses who have reviewed hundreds of cases.
2. You’ll learn skills and techniques you can use immediately. The course is not full of dry theory; it is a fast paced, comprehensive way to learn practical, useful information.
3. Review the course over and over. Not only will you be filled with useful information at the end of each session, when you purchase the course, you’ll be able to re-watch the replay and review the transcripts.
This course is available on our new mobile app, biz.edu. You’ll be able to access the videos, slides, transcripts and bonuses right from your smart phone. Our app is ready for iPhones and Android users.
And you can also watch it on your desktop computer.
Filissa has 32 years of experience and she specializes in neurocritical care and endovascular neurosurgery. She is on the staff of Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, and she's lectured extensively, both nationally and internationally.
And in addition to her clinical role, Filissa runs a nurse success consulting practice.
Connect with Filissa Caserta at firstname.lastname@example.org