Brad Curtola talks about what happens when you’re bullied or targeted by co-staff and management in health care. He has experienced both of those unpleasant behaviors.
Brad has been an RN 23 years with 7 years experience in legal nursing and 4 years as a certified nurse life care planner specializing in addiction and mental health.
Listen in as Kelly Campbell and Brad Curtola chat about these points.
- How he stood up for the standards, the policies and the procedures
- What happened when he tried to take measures into his own hands and have conversations with the staff
- Brad’s personal experience with his own lawyers- and it wasn’t always good
- Brad’s interest in “FIPPA”, what it stands for and also how it helped him be successful in his fight against bullying
Related Product Negotiating with a Bully
Everyone has felt bullied at some point in their lives, whether by a family member, childhood acquaintance, colleague, boss, or client. You know you have been bullied when you feel pressured, demeaned, and angered. You walked away from a negotiation feeling like you lost ground. You gave into demands and agreed to something that was not in your best interests. And you resented the way you felt.
Negotiating with a Bully will teach you how to skillfully deal with bullies in different forms and environments. You’ll explore the mindset of a bully and understand the motivations and behavior so that you can gain an advantage over him or her.
Negotiating with a Bully will give you the answers you need to become a more effective negotiator when you are confronted by a bully. You will learn how to quickly and easily:
- Recognize the tactics of a bully–before you yield ground in a negotiation.
- Employ an arsenal of negotiation strategies, including some you may have never considered using before.
- Plan a negotiation with a bully so that you feel prepared to tackle the situation.
- Interpret the body language of the bully–and his or her target–to better assess his or her intentions.
You’ll find this book at this link: http://LNC.tips/bullybook.
Brad is qualified as testifying expert witness in the Criminal Court of Canada and has experience developing both resource materials and a psychiatric day program.