Gil Asakawa speaks about the value of social media and how it links into business development and business promotion.
Gil is also a consultant for AARP’s Asian American Pacific Islander marketing team. He manages the social media outreach for this group. He has also managed the DenverPost.com, serving as the manager of Audience Development for Media News Group and managing editor for Advance Newspapers National Digital Operations.
Listen in as Pat Iyer and Carolyn Gil Asakawa chat about these points
- Why Facebook reflects the real world now in terms of the mix of people
- How AARP is involved in senior care and elderly issues
- The use of social platforms for people who are in the baby boomer population
- Social media platforms that are most useful for legal nurse consultants who are business owners looking to connect with attorneys
- Significant changes at Linkedin
- Why you should build a community
- How social media can become your worst enemy
Related Product: Social Media for Legal Professionals
Get this essential resource to help LNCs make sense of social media. Pat Iyer wrote a book specifically to address the power of social media in helping LNCs attract clients. You’ll use it to discover how to use common social media platforms so you can decide where to more effectively invest your time.
What We Cover
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Social Media
- Chapter 2: Relationship Marketing
- Chapter 3: Facebook
- Chapter 4: Marketing with Twitter
- Chapter 5: LinkedIn
- Chapter 6: Websites and Blogs
- Chapter 7: Branding Chapter 8: Video Marketing for Legal Professionals
Get this book at a 25% discount by using the coupon code of Listened in the shopping cart. Use this link for ordering: http://lnc.tips/socialbook
Gil Asakawa has worked in online media since 1996, managing content for AOL and a succession of startups and news media companies. He’s currently Manager of Student Media at the University of Colorado’s Journalism and Mass Communication program, and a consultant for AARP’s Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) marketing team, managing AARP’s AAPI online media outreach. He has managed DenverPost.com, served as Manager of Audience Development for MediaNews Group and Managing Editor for Advance Newspapers’ national digital operations. He started his journalism career at Denver’s alternative newsweekly Westword, and was entertainment editor and art critic for the Colorado Springs Gazette.