Have you heard of the reptile approach to arguing cases? Do you know there is a reptile in the courtroom? Legal nurse consultants need to know about this common approach to cases. In this issue of Iyer’s Insights I explore the reptile approach to litigation.
Developed by plaintiff attorney Don Keenan and jury consultant David Ball, their 2009 book called the Reptile Theory has swept through the plaintiff and defense bar. Both sides argue about it – the plaintiff attorneys assert it works. The defense attorneys argue it is based on dubious science and not allowed by some laws, but also know that it works.
Listen in as Pat Iyer chats about these points:
- What is the reptile theory?
- What does it mean to have a reptile in the courtroom?
- What is the incidence and cost of medication errors?
- What are the many causes of medication errors
- How to apply reptile approaches to a ten-fold overdose case
- Suggested questions of the nurse defendant which focus on general safety and danger rules
- How reptile questioning keeps the focus on the liability issues surrounding a medication error
- Why building a case strategy incorporating reptile concepts may help to solidify a case and encourage the defense to consider an early settlement
Medication Errors: A Bitter Pill Watch
A reptile in the courtroom would focus on medication errors. This one hour long DVD was filmed by Pat Iyer. If you are a legal nurse consultant handling medication error cases, you’ll need this program to understand the implications of a medication error. In this one hour program, you will learn the frequency of medication errors, the most common types and causes, and the clues to detecting that an error has occurred.
You’ll learn which healthcare practitioners make the most errors, see medical records of actual errors, recognize the names of the most dangerous medications, and identify the liability theories of inadequate pain management.
Get all the details at this link http://lnc.tips/Mederror
Get a 25% discount on this training by using the word Listened in the coupon box during checkout
Pat Iyer MSN RN LNCC built a successful legal nurse consulting business. She worked on many cases involving medication errors both as an expert and a consultant.
Check out the webinars, teleseminars, courses and books at legalnursebusiness.com. Expand your LNC skills with our resources.
Explore mentorship with Pat Iyer at LNCAcademy.com to get more clients, make more money and avoid expensive mistakes. Pat is a trusted advisor to LNCs.
Join us for monthly online trainings at LNCCEU.com for 2 trainings each month designed to deepen your knowledge and skills.