Dr. Larry Cohen is an intensivist I’ve known for several years. He’s mastered Lean Six Sigma. Larry has been an expert witness and has screened some medical malpractice cases. He draws on his experience as an intensivist working in a comprehensive cancer center in Buffalo, NY. Larry is also a tenured associate professor at the Jacob School of Medical Biomedical Science.
Larry was involved with a partner in running an ICU and then stepped up into a leadership position and became the chief of critical care of a unit that now has 27 beds. Just recently he’s been able to reduce his clinical practice to part-time after practicing for 40 years as a physician. Larry’s also got a deep involvement in process improvement and became a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. He’s also been involved in and published in both medical science and management science.
Listen in as Pat Iyer and Larry Cohen chat about these points:
- What is the definition of Six Sigma
- Why is a Lean Six Sigma is a perfect system to look at in terms of reducing medical error
- How to stop telling everybody how much you know and start listening to the things that are going on in their life
- What are the processes that can be improved upon in a business
- What are the different levels of belts in Lean Six Sigma
- What are the processes that reduce cost and mortality rates
- How Six Sigma can be used for emergency evaluations of possible ICU patients
- Larry’s take on the subject of opioid overdoses and respiratory depression
Hospital Acquired Infections: Whose Fault Are They?
● Do you want to sharpen your skills in understanding liability issues of hospital acquired infection cases?
● Are you a legal nurse consultant asked to evaluate an infection case for liability, causation and damages?
● Are you a clinician interested in understanding the medical and legal implications of these infections?
Access the wisdom of a legal nurse consultant, Valerie Lane, in exploring the liability issues associated with infections. Obtain your digital download of this video online training at this link: http://lnc.tips/infections
Get a 25% discount on this training by using the word Listened in the coupon box during checkout
Larry is an Intensivist working in a Comprehensive Cancer Center in Buffalo New York, and a Tenured Associate Professor at the Jacobs School of Medical and Biomedical Sciences. His organization has been able to deploy their own innovative approaches. Recently, this netted the facility a National Society award for safety and quality.
Check out the webinars, teleseminars, courses and books at legalnursebusiness.com. Expand your LNC skills with our resources.
Explore mentorship with Pat Iyer at LNCAcademy.com to get more clients, make more money and avoid expensive mistakes. Pat is a trusted advisor to LNCs.
Join us for monthly online trainings at LNCCEU.com for 2 trainings each month designed to deepen your knowledge and skills.