Linda Husted shares tips about developing a life care planning business. She worked for Pat’s legal nurse consulting business for several years before Pat sold the company.
Linda has a Masters of Public Health Degree. She’s been practicing as a registered nurse for 51 years. She has 18 years of hospital experience in neuro intensive care, medical surgical nursing, operating room, recovery room and labor and delivery. She has more than 30 years of experience in case management, including handling catastrophic claims with head injuries, spinal cord injury, burns, amputation, multiple trauma and chronic pain.
Listen in as Pat Iyer and Linda Husted chat about these points:
- What is the role of a life care planner working for a plaintiff attorney or a defense attorney?
- How Linda got involved developing a life care planning business
- How to help claims adjusters and attorneys figure out the cost of future care
- Why you need computer skills and a thirst for self improvement
- What Linda recommends that life care planners do now to begin to get clients to build a practice
- Why you should go to conferences, network and publish articles to build your life care planning business
- What critical skills a life care planner needs to analyze medical records
- The changes in the healthcare environment that lead to litigation
- Why another set of eyes always helps to make sure the final report is the best it can be
How to Manage Your Legal Nurse Consulting Business
These are just some tips about how to handle your legal nurse consulting business. Pat has a lot more in her new 2017 book, How to Manage Your Legal Nurse Consulting Business: Top Tips for Success.
You’ve gotten your legal nurse consulting business started, you’ve gotten clients, and you want to sustain your success. Business development and client management are intertwined. Both are necessary for a stable business. In this book she helps you tackle your money and your goals, to subdue the evil twins of perfectionism and procrastination, and to get more done through outsourcing. You can reach a stressed out state as a business owner. Pat shares tips for managing your stress and health.
Ready to hire an employee? Pat added a chapter on the process of interviewing and hiring.
The second part of the book shares tools and techniques for deepening your relationships with your clients. You will discover how to win over and retain the clients you want and recognize those who are too much trouble. Mastering negotiation, business communication and conflict are essential. Pat shows you how. This is the book to use to build a stable foundation for your business.
Get your copy hot off the press at http://lnc.tips/Creatingseries
Get a 25% discount on this training by using the word Listened in the coupon box during checkout
Linda Husted, MPH, RN, CNLCP, LNCC, CCM, CDMS, CRC obtained her legal nurse consulting certification. In 2003, at age 60, she obtained her life care planning certification and went into business as an S Corp.
Check out the webinars, teleseminars, courses and books at legalnursebusiness.com. Expand your LNC skills with our resources.
Explore mentorship with Pat Iyer at LNCAcademy.com to get more clients, make more money and avoid expensive mistakes. Pat is a trusted advisor to LNCs.
Join us for monthly online trainings at LNCCEU.com for 2 trainings each month designed to deepen your knowledge and skills.